From April through December, the Cherokee Valley “Yard of the Month” program promotes the beautification of the Cherokee Valley Subdivision by providing recognition of the contributions made by individual homeowners in landscaping their property. Winners are chosen by the HOA Board of Directors who both walk and drive around the neighborhood during each month. They make their selection based on established guidelines, included in the descriptions below. It should be noted that the BOD members can not win the award. Any Cherokee Valley resident may submit a nomination by emailing the board. Monthly winners are posted on the CVHOA Facebook Page and identified onsite through the placement of the official award sign – “Yard of the Month“.
- The lawn and garden must have been established for a period of three months or more.
- Beds, trees, and shrubs are in scale and proportion to the size of the lot and house.
- The garden displays variety and balance in color and greenery, not just colorful annuals and perennials, but shades of green in horticulture and lawn.
- The plants, trees, and lawns are healthy and well-groomed: walkways and sidewalks are neat and clean.
- Landscape design compliments the home and green space.
- The homeowner must be current on payment of the annual HOA dues.
In addition, special holiday yard decoration award recognition will be made on the Cherokee Valley Homeowners-Official Facebook Page for Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
June 2016 Yard of the Month Winner
The winner of June 2016 Yard of the Month was Lowell and Charlotte Stout at 6307 Moondance Cove. The YOM award was presented by former NFL pro football player Chris Hudson.
April 2016 Yard of the Month Winner
The winner of April 2016 Yard of the Month was Alisha and Robert Bergin. The YOM award was presented by Deuce McAllister.
Yard of the Month New Sign Contest Winner
Thanks to all who submitted entries. Congratulations to the winner Roger Tyler.
December 2015 Christmas Decoration Yard of the Month Winner
The winner of November 2015 Yard of the Month was Leonard and Gloria Lindsey at 6915 Dakota Circle South. The YOM award was presented by Desoto County Superintendent of Schools Cory Uselton.
November 2015 Yard of the Month Winner
The winner of November 2015 Yard of the Month was Brad & Kelly Roberts at 6194 Bear Cove South. The YOM award was presented by Police Chief Don Gammage.
October 2015 Yard of the Month Winner
The winner of October 2015 Yard of the Month was Pat & Tara O’Brian at 6615 Moondance Dr.. The YOM award was presented by Mayor Scott Phillips and Alderman Pat Hamilton.